290:- (SHM-CD Limited Remaster Edition. SHM-CD, US album från 1964 med 12 bonus låtar.
Manfred Mann's debut full-length U.S. platter was probably their strongest, and indeed one of the stronger British Invasion albums of the very competitive year of 1964. Besides the smash "Do Wah Diddy Diddy," it contained a number of fine soul and R&B covers. Standouts were the versions of "Untie Me" and Ike & Tina Turner's "It's Gonna Work Out Fine," as well as the strong pounding Paul Jones original, "Without You."
Manfred Mann's 1964 U.S. debut The Manfred Mann Album is widely regarded as one of the greatest albums of the British Invasion, and it's easy to hear why. With the catchy smash single "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" alongside powerful readings of classics by Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and Ike and Tina Turner, it's a transcendent meeting of pop infectiousness and R&B grit that sets the stage for the musical achievements that the band would soon begin to rack up.
|Uk Single 1964|
One of Manfred Mann's finest early records, My Little Red Book of Winners was, aside from being a fine album that captured the band's early sensibility, a highly influential record. The hit song "My Little Red Book," an excellent arrangement of the Bacharach/David masterpiece, was included in the hit movie What's New Pussycat. It was there that Love's lead singer Arthur Lee first heard it, after which he arranged it for his band. Lee also aped a sense of style and phrasing from Mann's lead singer, Paul Jones, and did so to great effect. The rest of this record is equally brilliant in spots. "The One in the Middle," an excellent midtempo blues from Jones, proved what a fine and witty songwriter he was. Other covers on the album include "Oh No, Not My Baby" and "With God on Our Side," which illustrate how effectively the band could capture any style and make it their own.
01. Do Wah Diddy Diddy (2:24)
02. Don't Ask Me What I Say (3:01)
03. Sack O'Woe (2:10)
04. What You Gonna Do? (2:40)
05. I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man (3:20)
06. Smokestack Lightning (3:34)
07. Got My Mojo Working (3:12)
08. It's Gonna Work Out Fine (2:37)
09. Down The Road Apiece (2:27)
10. Untie Me (Version 2) (3:39)
11. Bring It To Jerome (3:27)
12. Without You (2:24)
13. Mr. Anello (Version 2) (Stereo) (2:09)
14. You've Got To Take It (Stereo) (2:20)
15. I'm Your Kingpin (Stereo) (2:49)
16. Why Should We Not (Take 5) (Stereo) (3:03)
17. Brother Jack (Stereo) (2:29)
18. Cock-A-Hoop (Stereo) (2:07)
19. Now You're Needing Me (Stereo) (2:23)
20. Ain't That Love (Mono) (2:19)
21. Sticks And Stones (Mono) (2:25)
22. 5-4-3-2-1 (Mono) (1:11)
23. Do Wah Diddy Diddy (Unedited Version) (Mono) (2:26)
24. Do Wah Diddy Diddy (Remix Version) (Stereo) (2:22)